It's Snowing Again!!!! I hate to be the one to say it But, we live in Canada! For some reason everyone is surprised or angry when the first snow fall comes. It's comparative to every Monday morning the world needs to groan collectively about getting there week started.
As someone who has taken great care and effort to change the way I think about life and how I live my life. I have actively thought out positive thoughts about the changing weather, that I can share with you.
- I now can wear layers and layers and never get hot!
- I can cuddle up with my boyfriend without being told that it is too hot.
- I can always find a funky scarf or hat to wear to keep warm (my latest obsession, have to stop buying every warm cozy hat and scarf I see)
- Taking the time to just stand in Nature in all it's glory, take a deep breath and feel the awesomeness that is Nature.
- Dress up warm and take a long leisure walk with my dog when the weather isn't gross out, it gets you in touch with nature and you appreciating the nice days, not dwelling on the cold / grey days of winter.
- making more soups and stews for dinner and home made biscuits for dipping is always a family warmer and pleases the appetite.
- Just taking a few minutes to appreciate the day whatever the weather.
When I started out on my weight loss journey I started by changing one bad habit at a time. I started by not eating commercial chocolate, then not buying something at Tim Horton's every time I got a coffee, then stopped having sugar...etc... I just got on habit under control and each week I would expand on it until I was moving daily and choosing to eat healthier food all on my own, and not to get a number on the scale to say a certain number so i would feel good.
We need to focus on our mood at this time of year too, you might not feel like going outside much and cuddling up on the couch to watch the countless shows we have access too, And that is fine too, but remember if your feeling low and not motivated that a hike will help balance your mood, just make a move once per week.... that will keep things going until March hits and then we can focus on the sun and rain that follows a snowy winter.
I am doing a work shop this Sunday from Louise Hay, "The totality of possibilities" this is an introduction of Louise's work based on her Heal Your life book from way back... Come check me out on my Facebook Page or on Being in Balance Facebook page or email me!! Hope to see you on Sunday.